It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, December 7, 2014

There Are Times...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

           When you look sleep in the eye
            and then you kick it in the ass.



I huffed and puffed and blogged my way through November
in response to a death in the family

I did not lose a parent, sibling, spouse, or offspring.It was much worse than that:
I lost a hard drive.

My computer lost all of its limbs but I got
only one prosthetic device installed.

Until today...after 101 minutes with Apple tech support.
I am no longer capable of hating Apple products.

The tech woman excavated my MacBook
without getting her hands–nor mine–dirty.

Prosthetics be damned:
she found Bookie's
arms and legs.

Yesterday, awake for fourteen hours,
I smoked ten cigarets: a record low!

Midnight is 2.5 hours from my door.
I will smoke at least ten cigarets
by the time it gets here.

Billie Holiday
There are five Billie Holiday albums
on my CD carousel and each song
will spin around my ears.

Lap after lap.

GoFather page after
GoFather page.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment