It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

He Said...She Said...(He/She #40) ©

________________________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________


"I told you we should have had coffee at home this morning.
  My God, I hope he can't see me."

"If we keep the newspapers in front of our faces,
  he won't be able to see either of us."

"Good idea."

"There's something here about the city of Long Beach having
  the highest rate of political corruption of any city its size."

"No surprise there. The more international a city is, the more abundant
  its corruption. With all  the international trade at the port and
  the global cruise ships, you got more languages spoken here
  than in cities twice its size. The Tower of Babeling 
  breeds corruption. The more..."

"Shhhhhh.  Marcel  is sitting at a table alone but he is about to stand up.
  I think its proclamation time."

"THE ONLY THING WORSE THAN BEING ALONE
  IS BEING WITH OTHER PEOPLE."

"And all the other people are ignoring him. Now he's leaving.
  No audience, no reason to stay."

"Too bad for him but that just reminded me of a  Marcel DuTramp  poem:
  I condescend to my inferiors
  I am intimidated by superiors
  And I disdain any man who thinks he's my equal."

"Not all poems are created equal."

"But there's one more line:
  Other than that, I love everyone."

"Love is all you need but condescension, intimidation
  and disdain get you bonus points."
   
____________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment