It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Houston Christmas, 1954

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I looked at the face of the clock on the wall.

And it doesn't tell me nothing at all.

That face of the clock just stares at me.
It knows I'm lonely and always will be.


What better way to spend a holiday
than to see the Ace of Aces

Who luckier than Texan
Rhythm & Blues teenage faces

The show began
with a bang

Johnny Ace
But that was before
any song was sang

He was playing Russian Roulette

Somewhere backstage
he lost a bet

Years later
with amazing Grace

Paul Simon gave heed
to The Late Great Johnny Ace




_______________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment