It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Photoverio © (#51): The Year Was Naught Six

________________________________________________________________________________________________


© Oliverio
Andy's Gang
(2006)

#52 is  here.



The year was Naught Six
I was westward-bound
returning to my next
California hometown

Two years north
of being fifty-five
it was on to  Long Beach:
a math career to revive

There was a road in Texas
named for  Andy Devine

I raised  my Kodak
to the sky with
its cloud line 

At fifty-seven,
a slice of heaven...



________________________________________________________________________________________________
Footnote
THE YEAR WAS NAUGHT SIX is the copyrighted property of LCSoL.

I couldn't help but notice the profile of  Kurt Vonnegut  in that sky,
below which was a piece of the fabled  Route 66.
________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment