It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Quintana's Poem & Her Mother & Her Mother's Poem

________________________________________________________________________________________________



Quintana Roo Dunne

Joan Didion

I continue opening boxes.
I find more faded and cracked photographs
than I ever again want to see.

I find many engraved invitations to the weddings
of people who are no longer married.

I find many mass cards from the funerals of people
whose faces I no longer remember.

In theory these mementos serve to bring back the moment.
In fact they serve only to make clear how inadequately
 I appreciated the moment when it was here.

How inadequately I appreciated the moment when it was here
is something else I could never afford to see.

The source
The next Joan Didion page is  here.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments: