It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, January 31, 2015

What Kind Of Poem Am I?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

i blinked once
in the middle of june

i jumped ship
with romeo's tune

young, guitar days
too many nights

the american in me
scaled comedy heights

There is no silent  in  Steve Forbert
He was  Alive on Arrival  in 1978
and he is alive and well
in  2015
listen to me
in  black italian shoes

there's  no use
running from the blues

sometimes it shows
in smoky windows

what kind of poem am I
does any of it fit

facing the sun 
as little stevie orbit



________________________________________________________________________________________________
Footnotes
WHAT KIND OF POEM AM I  is not copyrighted by LCSoL.

It is an example of  plaYgarism: I just played with Forbert song titles.

If you do the footnote clicky thing, you will hear Steve Forbert
playing  performing another song.

A page with actual Steve Forbert lyrics is  here. 
________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment