It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, February 16, 2015

Presidential Quotes On President's Day

________________________________________________________________________________________________

We must especially beware of that small group of selfish men who would clip
the wings of the American eagle in order to feather their own nests.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt

I don't know much about Americanism, but it's a damn good word
with which to carry an election.
Warren Harding

Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
George Washington

Power naturally grows. Why? Because human passions are insatiable.
John Adams

My choice in life was to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician.
And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference.
Harry Truman

The search for a scapegoat is the easiest of all hunting expeditions.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

No public man can be just a little crooked.
Herbert Hoover

People who have had a hanging in the family don't like to talk about rope.
Calvin Coolidge

If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
Woodrow Wilson

A man who has never gone to school may steal from a frieght car.
But if has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad.   
Theodore Roosevelt

No emotion cools sooner than that of gratitude.
Benjamin Harrison

Party honesty is party expediency.
Grover Cleveland

If it were not for the reporters, I would tell you the truth.
Chester Arthur

I know only two tunes. One of them is Yankee Doodle, and the other isn't.
Ulysses S. Grant

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods
or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

If I am killed, I die but once, but to live in constant dread of it,
is to die over and over again.
Abraham Lincoln








All of the quotes are from
an earlier edition
of  this book.
________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment