It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, April 19, 2015

A Radical Poem (I.e., Radical 3)

________________________________________________________________________________________________


I fear that I will always be

A lonely number like root three.
 

The three is all that’s good and right,

Why must my three keep out of sight
.

Beneath the vicious square root sign,

I wish instead I were a nine.
 

For nine could thwart this evil trick,

With just some quick arithmetic.
 

I know I’ll never see the sun, as 1.7321


Such is my reality, 
A sad irrationality.
 

When hark! What is this I see,

Another square root of a three
 

Has quietly come waltzing by,

Together now we multiply


To form a number we prefer,

Rejoicing as an integer.
 

We break free from our mortal bonds

With the wave of magic wands.

Our square root signs become unglued

Your love for me has been renewed.
David Feinberg 
The Square Root Of Three

________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment