It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Her Birthday Poem

________________________________________________________________________________________________

spring showers
pre-May flowers
so many hours
when me was we

her secret service
my dubious service
heavens  did hear us:
we deserve us

for better and for worse–
much less of the latter–
sometimes astral
always matter

in ’14 and ’13
there was only
one roof

time-testing love
tempest-tossed
proof...

she is me
i am she
we are
we


very soon to be
pre-ternally together

through hot and
cold weather

much less of the latter
sometimes astral
always matter

i now state with conviction:
my love poems are
no longer fiction

h.p b-day to  U 
on 4-11-15

(always variables
on the scene)

dimensional defiance but empirically true:
my heart is so square
it measures  U  by  U by  U


______________________________________________________________________________________________


8 comments:

  1. Cyrano with a tiny nose
    He speaks for himself
    His words are boughs
    Wrapped in beautiful
    Bows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only in relation to Cyrano is it a tiny nose
      but I doubt anyone would ever offer me a job
      as Jimmy Durante's understudy.

      Delete
    2. Politics is developing more comedians
      Than radio ever did—
      Jimmy Durante

      Delete
    3. I don't not have Jimmy Durante's scnazzola
      but I wouldn't mind having Durante's quote.

      Delete
    4. Two days ago…a world ago…what happened?

      Delete
  2. Two days ago…two mirrors…turned into today

    ReplyDelete