It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Photoverio © (#84): Shiva Bean And Her Shadow Lover

________________________________________________________________________________________________


© Oliverio
Original Title =
Swampy Legume And Her Shady Lover
  Swampside lovers were
  the Bean and the Shadow

  They meet in the Wetlands
  where love is easy to grow

  But some of her charm
  would no longer glow

  She swayed ten arms
  she was the  Shiva  Bean

  Her Shadow Lover had just
  arrived on the scene

  Their communion
  was not clean

"Your shadow, Dear,
  catches my dry side

"Do you have
  something to hide?"

"I'd rather cover you
  long and wide.

"I know for what, Shiva,
  you are wishin'

"But my shadow is
  losing its definition

"The doctor said it's
  a terminal condition."

"Yet, I still have most arms
  and sun-filled weather

"I live and grow right here
  amidst this heather

"Birds and undergrowth tickle
  me like a feather."

"You're ecologically sound
  and I am so much weaker

"I must leave you now
  as my heart grows bleaker

"My Shiva Bean, we will always
  have Bolsa Chica."

"I am naught but
  a swampy legume

"In a vast protected
  earthy room

"But our love, now
  has reached its doom

"Were I to die, wetland
  soil would take notice

"Were your shadow to die,
  most would think it bogus."

"Let's hope some plant or bird  or
  some human will someday quote us."


________________________________________________________________________________________________
 Footnote
 SHIVA BEAN AND HER SHADOW LOVER  is the copyrighted property of LCSoL.
________________________________________________________________________________________________


2 comments:

  1. Shadow is positioned to pluck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The positioning and the shoddiness of the shadow
      led to the downfall of their relationship.

      She wanted him to _uck her
      but all he could do was pluck her.

      Delete