It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, April 25, 2015

...........................................Sit Right Down............................................

________________________________________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________


I'm gonna sit right down
and write myself a letter
and make believe it came from you

Dear Paul
Forty-four years and forty days ago,
I began my endless sleep and your mother
 did the same forty-four years ago, come October.
Then–and only then–did you become the perfect son.
We love you madly, we need you badly but no time soon.
I love your mother but I also love Eleanor.
Eleanor loves it when she and Grace laugh in my face
or behind my back or anywhere they want to.
Eleanor loves me but not as much as she loves Carol.
However, we do not want to see you here anytime soon.
Elanor insists that her daughter kiss our daughter's daughter's son.
That would be Sam and Grace's great-grandson:
Christopher Owen
That is, Mr. and Mrs. CarPeo must get 
their collective ass to Virginia,
en route to Long Beach. 


_______________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment