It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, May 18, 2015

A Poem By James Wright

________________________________________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________________

Lying in a Hammock at William Duffy’s Farm


Over my head, I see the bronze butterfly,
Asleep on the black trunk
Blowing like a leaf in green shadow.   

Down the ravine behind the empty house,   

The cowbells follow one another   

Into the distances of the afternoon.   

To my right,

In a field of sunlight between two pines,   

The droppings of last year’s horses   

Blaze up into golden stones.

I lean back, as the evening darkens and comes on.   

A chicken hawk floats over, looking for home.

I have wasted my life.



James Wright is the father of  Franz Wright. 
They are the only Father/Son to both
win the Pulitzer Prize for poetry.

When Franz read his first poem to his father,

______________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment