It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

How Much...

________________________________________________________________________________________________



Put me on this beach
with a pocket counter
device.

Let me count all–
or half or just
half of one half–
of the grains
of sand.

When I stop
I will know
how much
I love
Carol.

We have time
but she is sleeping
and dreaming about
her mother and me
getting caught shoplifting at Macy's.
________________________________________________________________________________________________


8 comments:

  1. We seldom shopped at Macy's and snagging a sale was much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But in the complete Macy's dream,
      a Strauss waltz was super-snagged....

      Upon arriving home, the three of us
      did a modified Boogie-dance
      to the Blue Danube.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CTYymbbEL4

      Delete
  2. I love Paul, completely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Paul loves Carol
      completely and sweetly.

      Delete
    2. He is dipped in
      Sweet and sour
      Sauce

      Delete
    3. Sometimes sweet
      sometimes sour...

      Without the thorn
      who protects the flower?

      Delete
  3. Sour is nice
    but my advice
    Is to be sweet
    when your face
    looks like a beet.

    ReplyDelete