It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The iCan't Get ________ Brothers

________________________________________________________________________________________________


Ira Gershwin/Vernon Duke  




I sold my kisses at a bazaar 
After me they named a cigar 
But lately how I've smarted 
Because I can't get started with you 

  









Norman Whitfield/Barrett Strong
I Can't Get Next To You
(1969)
Performed by the Temptations



I can build a castle from 
A single grain of sand
I can make a ship 
Sail on dry land
But...I can't get next to you


Vernon Duke and  Ira Gershwin







Norman Whitfield  and Barrett Strong














 Four brothers from different mothers


________________________________________________________________________________________________
Footnotes
The  Beatles  (and Mickey Mouse) covered Barrett Strong's biggest hit,  Money.

In the intimacy of their home, John Lennon and Yoko Ono
sang along to Vernon Duke's  Cello Concerto.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment