It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, August 14, 2015

St. Patrick's Cathedral With Pure Oliverio Brotherhood

________________________________________________________________________________________________


© Oliverio
I lit my purest candle close to my...

heart and soul and Oliveriacity
  
where four brothers preceeded me
by a generation

and can be found on every page
where the first image in the Wall-2-Wall gallery
features my namesake, my father, 
FATHER FRANK, and the most talented brother


The goofy one–third from left–

actually "worked" at St. Patrick's Cathedral,
as the business manager.
Father Frank told me that meant most midnights
were spent in Harlem (where he was born)
serving as referee for basketball games 
between gangs who might otherwise
be on the streets trying to kill each other.*

He was assigned to St. Patrick's after meeting


 "JP Deuce" 
a/k/a 
Pope John Paul II
this ends PART 1

  
________________________________________________________________________________________________
*
In truth, during Father Frank's five year tenure 
at St. Patrick's, the streets of Harlem were never safer
than when he was there for midnight basketball!

The community welcomed his presence 
in a way similar to how New York City is about 
to welcome the arrival of Pope Francis! 
    
________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment