It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Alarms Were Blasting...Ten Escapees From My Quote Folder

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Slang is a language that rolls up its sleeves, 
spits on its hands, and goes to work.

When a woman hides nothing of herself 
I am incapable of understanding her.

A government that robs Peter 
to pay Paul can always depend on 
the support of Paul.

What one commonly called one’s self was merely 
a collective term for all the selves 
gathered up in the past.

Fair and foul are near of kin
And fair needs foul.

You can only be young once, 
but you can be immature forever.

Our eyes play a greater part than we care to admit 
in that active exploration of the past to which 
we give the name of memory.

The only way you hurt the body is to not use it.

I took my brains and stretched them on the rack
I’m not so sure I’ll ever get them back

The only problem with the human equation 
is that all variables are in 
direct contradiction with each other.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

    

2 comments: