It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, November 5, 2015

A Prose Poem That May Be Offensive

________________________________________________________________________________________________

EXCERPT FROM HITLER'S DIARY (1941)

I never travel without my diary, one should always 
have something sensational to read.
Oscar Wilde, 1891

Tues.  May  9:  
Just when I was busy with plans for Russia, Rudolf Hess dropped
by with  crazy notion of flying to UK for peace. Said he bought
some new boots yesterday for the trip–dead shiny.

I’d like a  pair like that. I told him–forget the trip
and tell me where you got the boots.

Wed.  June 22:    
Invaded Russia. Eggs for lunch–hard boiled again–I hate that.
Must speak to Eva about it.

Thurs. June 23:     
11:00AM  Heard Chamberlain on radio again–that dreary voice!
That paper-waving droopy-moustached old gopher!
My small black moustache  is much neater.
    
12:30PM  Inspected new bunker in East Prussia with
smoother concrete walls.  Eva wants to wallpaper  them
(nice little red flowers) and why  not?  
 
8:00PM  After dinner,  practised  arm-gestures for  big Nuremburg
speech  on Saturday. Rehearsed a few ad libs...Eva liked them.

Fri.  June24:     
Rained all day. Slow day  (almost invaded Egypt) stayed in
and read. Eva dyed her hair creamy-yellow. ( I’m gonna start
calling her Blondy.) That new german shepherd Bormann
gave me–I took her out for walk–she's called Blondi  too.

(Joke there–the guys will like it). After dinner we all listened
to Franz Lehar’s “Merry Widow” again.  I love it.
Eva fell asleep;  so did the dog.

Sat.  June 25:  
Nuremburg speech went ok. Got all the ad libs in except one.
Rommel was on the phone talking about Africa and Libya, and
some place called Tobruk. Must make a note – where is Tobruk?
P.S. Must find out where Libya is.

Sat.  Dec 6: 
Just read the latest in the newspapers....almost four million
Russian prisoners  now.

Sun.  Dec  7: 
Those crazy Japanese have gone and done it...
oh  boy, they’re gonna be in trouble!
              
Thurs.  Dec 11:  
Oh, what the hell...in for a dime in for a dollar:  this Russian war is
too  easy,  I need a bit of a challenge. Think I’ll whiz down  to the
Reichstag tonight  and tell ‘em we’re declaring  war on the USA.
Might  get a pair of those shiny boots there too.

________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment