It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, November 8, 2015

If I Post This Twice Maybe She'll Demand Only One Deletion

________________________________________________________________________________________________


I need to see this smile
More than I need to breath

I need this smile 
More than I need to eat

I need this smile
More than I need to exist

I need this smile
So that I will not
Fear tomorrow
________________________________________________________________________________________________


8 comments:

  1. If you needed to see this smile,
    I would not have seen your backside
    running for the door in the morning at four.
    I thought your self-proclaimed "escape" was
    your joyful symbol (a very loud cymbal).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That "escape" was not joyful...
    it became a journey with a hellish destination,
    judging by my present environment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you used the word from early on…
      Getting coffee…
      Walk…

      And OK…
      But flight…
      must have been a necessary action.

      To get away rid from the arid, acrid air.

      Delete
    2. The concept of "home"
      became an eclipsing thing
      mostly because...but not entirely
      due to...the death of a computer
      with its replacement from a
      zip code i will never go back to...

      my previous computer purchases
      were all made with Apple "handmaidens"
      within very very reachable distances...

      but never did I realize what a vast empty shell
      I would become until I went "public"
      with these pleas
      from the very bottom of my heart
      and the top of my heart and both sides of my heart
      and brain also and that thing called a soul

      Delete
  3. Remember, this smile was a result of looking at you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Cute Skunk Named Flower

    She today harbors a primal scream.
    Forget words in a haranguing email.
    People disappear all the time, it seems.
    Would he notice in a year? Memories fail.
    No real beam to bolster. A broken team.

    The us of was isn't the of us now
    I float trying to face the reality of
    Paulessness.

    Not across a table sharing lowcost coffee
    Not anywhere seen or heard by me
    Sniffing roses very pretty very happily
    Without me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please note:
    The unseen rose
    to which the poet refers
    was sniffed by the disappearing act
    to which the poet refers.

    The rose did not make him happy:
    It made him hopeful.

    So be it.

    ReplyDelete