It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, November 5, 2015

A Poem For An Absentee Father

________________________________________________________________________________________________

LOST ORPHAN
Was it something I did?

Was it something I said?

Did you not want a kid?

Is that why you fled?



It is too late now,

It will never be the same.

The time has changed me.

The past is to blame.



Without knowing who you are,

I feel like I don't know myself.

I always wonder about who you could be.

Do you do the same? 
Or is it just me?



Do you ever think
 of how things could be?

I never knew you,

But I hope you know me.



No one is showing me the way.

How am I supposed to know?

There is a saying,

Every action is learned.



I don't know what to do

I don't know which way to go.

I thought parents were the guiding hand,

Put there to help us grow.



Do I try to make it alone

With nothing to fall back on?

Do I keep searching for answers,

For some clue of what I seek?



But it seems, 
that no matter how hard I try,

I never find anything.

I just end up back at the beginning.



I have tried everything I know.

Where do I go from here?

You are supposed to have the answers,

And build me up with cheer.



I don't know what you expect,

Or what you dream,

All I know is that you're my father,

The one I hope that one day I'll see.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment