It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Another Norton Simon Stealth Photograph By Photoverio ©©©

________________________________________________________________________________________________


Henry Moore 
Three Standing Figures
(1953)

I was four years old when 
Mr. Moore brought this sculpture
to life but I will now do 
what four thousand people
have done before me:
I will give names to those three figures.

PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE
symbolizes my connection
to the Norton Simon Museum.

PAST
When I lived in Burbank,
  I visited the Pasadena museum
frequently and loved every minute of it.

(Despite the shock to the system
when they dis-allowed smoking
on the premises.)

PRESENT
Exactly one week ago today,
I returned to the Norton Simon
for the first time in twelve years.

The mixture of memories, fun,
"stealth photography,"
and aesthetic appreciation
were thoroughly intoxicating.

My gratitude to my best friend
in Long Beach cannot be measured,
partly because he–not me–did the driving.

FUTURE
I eagerly await a double-date
at the Norton Simon:
my best friend with his wife
plus Mr. And Mrs. CarPeo.

The next Stealthiverio/Norton Simon page is  here. 
________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment