It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Priorities Of A Political Analyst From The Washington Post

________________________________________________________________________________________________


If you believe, as do I, that God created baseball
as a relief from politics, I herewith offer, 
as a public service, a column not about Trump, Cruz, 
Sanders and Clinton but about Harper and friends.
 

We all have our ways of marking the seasons. 
I know it’s spring when in early April
I start my morning by skipping The Post front page

and going right to the sports section.
It’s not until I’ve fully savored the baseball box scores
that I resignedly turn to politics.

Charles Krauthammer

 
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Footnotes
The first image features Bryce Harper
greeting his friends, a/k/a,
his Washington Senator teammates.

A page dedicated to the graffiti watermark
on that image is  here.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment