It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Please Please Please ... Help Cure My Chapter -2-itis

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I consider myself a great novelist
If only I could get past
the first chapter.

It most recently happened  a week ago

THE IMAGINARY NUMBER,
in an earlier incarnation, is nearly
seventy pages long but presently
it exists only as Chapter 1.

HYDRAULIC UNIVERSITY 
fits the same description.

A very early example
of this disease dates back
to February of 2013:

NUNA AND THE SHOVEL 
was subtitled Chapter 1
but that is as far as it got.

The following February, the same fate 
(minus the subtitle) befell
THE PSYCHIATRIST'S PATIENT.

The question arises:
How can YOU help me
overcome the disease of
Chapter-2-itis?

All you have to do is read
what each of the links provide
then respond—on this page—
to the ones (hopefully all of them)
that you like and want more of.

Even if you have to pretend
to like them, you may also
pretend to hold a gun
to my head to get me
off my lazy ass and
finally complete
the stories or,
at least, write
Chapter 2.    
________________________________________________________________________________________________


2 comments:

  1. One is a concept.
    Two and on is traveling on the concept.
    Movies repeat the story over and over.
    Nothing new under the sun, only looking newly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the verse but:

      from my brain
      to beyond my nose...
      mine is a problem
      of prose

      Delete