It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, September 30, 2017

I Am Teaching Myself How NOT To Be A Liar

________________________________________________________________________________________________

If I were to say
either...

A) I will quit smoking 
next week.

B) I will quit smoking
as a New Year's resolution.

C) I will quit smoking.

Then...

If what I say is choice A ...
and I do not quit smoking next week,
then I am a liar.

If what I say is choice B ...
and come next January 1,
I am still smoking,
then I am a liar.
 
However,
if what I say is choice C ...
and I do not quit smoking
within a year,
I am not  a liar
because I did not specify
when I would quit
smoking.

________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment