It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, December 12, 2014

A Jesuit & A Boy

________________________________________________________________________________________________


A Catholic boy from Minnesota
"Why do I make lists?" Amory asked him one night.
"Lists of all sorts of things?"

"Because you're a mediaevalist," Monsignor answered.
"We both are. It's the passion for classifying and finding a type."

"It's a desire to get something definite."

"It's the nucleus of scholastic philosophy."

"I was beginning to think I was growing eccentric
  till I came up here. It was a pose, I guess."

"Don't worry about that; for you not posing
  may be the biggest pose of all. Pose—"

"Yes?"

"But do the next thing."
 F. Scott Fitzgerald
 This Side of Paradise

The next Fitzgerald page is  here.
________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment