It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Upon This Rock & Soul

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 
-->

Simon, son of John, 
Do you love me?


Simon said to him
Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.
Jesus said to him
Feed my lambs.

Jesus said to him a second time:  


Simon, son of John
Do you love me? 
  
Simon said to him
Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.
Jesus said to him
Tend my sheep.

Jesus said to him the third time:

Simon, son of John, 
Do you love me?
_______________________
_______________________
_______________________
Did Jesus have memory issues
and forget what he just said?

We sincerely doubt that to be the issue here.

Better minds than ours have beautifully
interpreted the meaning of this dialog.

But we I best remember that repeated question
in a more current context.

The better part of that memory involves my feet.


The Contours
Do you love me?
Do you love me?
Do you love me?
Now that I can dance...


________________________________________________________________________________________________


1 comment:

  1. SIMON SAYS is a popular children's game
    but when Simon Peter said to Jesus
    Yes, I Love You it meant
    very little to the Savior.

    A lot of people in the world love Jesus
    but very few of them feed his lambs.

    Jesus would prefer if the opposite was true.

    ReplyDelete