It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Shadow Knows

________________________________________________________________________________________________


© Oliverio
The title is the soundtrack
Have a Happy New Year! 


Yes, you are tall

 But I come between
 You and the wall

 All you have is age
 But I make you sway
 I give you this page

 I give you contour
 I give you mystique
 And what is more

 I give us ego
 You give me substance
 And wherever we go 

 I am nothing without you
________________________________________________________________________________________________


2 comments:

  1. And the poet is…?
    Poet critic # 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours truly.

      The reason I didn't acknowledge
      the LCSoL copyright is because
      the poem's title is taken
      from a song.

      Delete