It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Albert Passes The Mick

________________________________________________________________________________________________




Together, they hit 
1196 home runs.

But I hated 
Mickey Mantle
because I loved 
Willie Mays.





If you do not know which is which then I am
insanely jealous of you because I know 
how blissful ignorance can be.

But this photograph is almost as old as President Obama.

I loved Willie then when he had a guy named God
sitting at his right hand. Today, my affection 
for the octogenarian "Giant" is not  
an active baseball love.

Today, I will settle 
for Albert–as in  Pujols.

I do not know who sits
at his right hand but
Albert is an Angel
who hit a very 
special HR
last week:

Pujols Launches 537th Home Run 
To pass Mantle on All-Time List
________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment