It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Day Sharon Tate Died

________________________________________________________________________________________________




The White Album is the title
of a  Joan Didion  anthology
which includes an essay about 
living two miles from where 
the Manson "family" killled
Sharon Tate and four 
other people.





[August 8, 1969]
I was in the shallow end of a swimming pool 
in Beverly Hills when we received 
a telephone call about 
the murders at Sharon 
Tate Polanski's house
on Cielo Drive.

The phone rang
many times in the next hour...
twenty dead, no twelve, ten, eighteen.
I remembered all of the day's information  
very clearly, and I also remember this, and wish 
I did not: I remember that no one was surprised.

Joan Didion


Innocence ends when
one is stripped of the delusion
that one likes oneself.




The next Didion page is  here. 
________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment