It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Is That Kafka? 99 Finds ... Is A Book That Doubles As A Museum

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Honored guests at this banquet!
It is true that I have a set
a world record, but if you
were to ask me how I achieved it,
I would be unable to answer you
to your satisfaction. 
You see, I actually cannot swim at all.

I have always wanted to learn,
but I have never found
the opportunity.
So how did it happen that 
my fatherland sent me 
to the Olympiad? 

That is exactly the question
that concerns me, too.



 This is an excerpt of an incomplete 
 Kafka story included as one of
 ninety-nine items presented 
 in  Kurt Beals' new book.

"Find #13" answers the question
 What color are Kafka's eyes?

 Unfortunately, five different 
 answers are given by people 
 who,  in fact, actually
 knew the man.

 However, the question
 What was Kafka's favorite song
 is answered in an exhibited
 postcard written to 
 his "little sister."

 His favorite song is 
"Now Farewell, You Little Alley."  


 Mr. Beals has also authored 
 a three-volume biography 
 of Franz Kafka.   

 The excerpt at the top of this page 
 was given a title by Beals: Kafka Dreams of an Olympian Victory.

The next GoFather/KAFKA page is  here. 
________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment