It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Catalina Express Silhouette + Philip Roth Quote [CBP #5]

________________________________________________________________________________________________


Literature isn't a moral beauty contest.
Its power arises from the authority and audacity
with which the impersonation is pulled off.


© Oliverio

One of the bespectacled gentlemen 
looked at me and said:

You're reading the PARIS REVIEW
on the Catalina Express.
You must be a very lonely person.

It behooved me to buy him a drink.

He told me he taught
Comparative Literature
at Rutgers University
in New Jersey.

I told him I had
a Masters Degree from 
the University of
Literary Pretension.

Thankfully,
that ended 
the conversation.

My next Catalina page is  here.  
________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment