It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, May 5, 2017

From Bebe's Homage To Eric's Declaration

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I smoked my first cigarette at ten
And for girls, I had a bad yen
And I had quite a ball
When I was young
When I was young, 
it was more important
Pain more painful
Laughter much louder
Yeah, when I was young
 

I met my first love at thirteen
She was brown and I was pretty green
And I learned quite a lot when I was young
When I was young


The Animals
were the blusiest
of the British Invsaion bands
that followed on the heels
of The Beatles' trajectory

ERIC is also the inspiration 
for the verse
I AM THE EGGMAN

The Animals were also 
the band who gave birth
to the term FOLK ROCK
because of their rendition of
House of the Rising Sun  


________________________________________________________________________________________________
Footnote
Documentaries about bands and the music
from the Sixties never fail to intrigue
but NONE is better than
"Eric Burdon: The Animals and Beyond."

Four reasons being:

1.
Backstory about Chuck Berry
and Jerry Lee Lewis on a British tour.

2.
What Eric has to say about his friend
Jimi Hendrix that no alleged Hendrix authority
ever stated so clearly.

3.
What happened when Nina Simone
met Eric Burdon whose cover of
House of The Rising Sun
was modeled after her rendition
of the same song.

4.
The price of poor management
of an institution.

The next GoFather/Cigaret
page is
here. 

Two words in closing:
Sky Pilot 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment