It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Photoverio #300: An Early Mother's Day Gift

________________________________________________________________________________________________


© Oliverio
I needed something special
for the three-hundredth page
of the Photoverio sequence.

This is an image of my father
when he was one-fourth
my present age.

His leggy necklace
was added on much later.

That he was 17 years old
when the photograph 
was taken is doubly
appropriate.

His age matches the number
of years the original image
(minus the bottom half)
was taped to my school desk
at Jefferson High School.

The reverse of his age
matches the year
of his passing and
I am certain that daily
—in the Deity's Eternal Garden—
my Mother becomes his necklace.

Nightly, they reverse positions.
Which is why she is referred to in the title.   


________________________________________________________________________________________________
Footnotes
The original photograph was no bigger
than a postage stamp.

I was honored when students asked if
this 1933 photo was a picture of me.
 
I was honored when other students
pointed out a resemblance between
father and son. 

I am beyond certainty that when
my Mother and Father see this page,
they both will laugh their asses off. 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

No comments:

Post a Comment