It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, February 1, 2015

He Said...She Said...(He/She #41) ©

________________________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________


"You are laughing so hard, you woke me up.
  Did my early bird get me a latte?"

"...Oh, I'm sorry, Paul. Blame it on  Marcel DuTramp.
  He sat with me this morning. We shared
  a Decadent Chocolate Cookie."

"And that's why you were laughing?"

"No. He introduced me to a friend from the Jetty."

"What's so funny about that?"

"The friend said he was a teacher who was named
  after a truckdriver. He said he would rather have been
  a truckdriver who was named after a teacher
  then I really would have made some real money!"

  SHE STARTS LAUGHING AGAIN

"That's not very funny."

 SHE STOPS LAUGHING 

"No. You're right. It isn't. It was the other things 
  he said–him and Marcel–that had me in stitches
  but I don't remember a single word of it."

"And...What the hell is this? That wanna be truck driver scumbag
  gave you a framed photograph?"

"Yeah, he did. So what?"

"So what do you intend to do with it?"

"Hang it up over our bed,
  so you will work harder."

"Or work somewhere else."

"You would never do that, old man,
  you are too insanely monogamous.
  And so am I, you idiot. I intend to
  throw it in the garbage just like
  Marcel told me to."

"God bless Marcel DuTramp."

"I'm lying. Marcel was by himself.
  He conjured up a story about
  a friend from the jetty...

"That's is actually Marcel DuTrampthe Poet Laureate of the Long Beach Jetty
  in the picture. He said 'Carol,  please give this portrait to Paul
  but only after getting him worked up into a jealous frenzy.' "

"This is what he calls a 'portrait?' He's no bigger than a speck of dust!
  Ha. Ha. Ha...but my jealousy has been reduced to a speck of dust
  and I want to hang this 'portrait' in the bathroom,
  right over the toilet."

"Consider it done! I am sure the poet laureate will be honored.
  We've always wanted a nice photograph of the Long Beach Jetty."

"Speck of dust, notwithstanding."   
____________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment