It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, April 25, 2015

There Was A Time

________________________________________________________________________________________________


Donovan
The Dylan of the Mother Country





There was a time
I thought of
mine only
Could it be
occurred to me
 while lonely






1001 is an approximate number of how many memories 
I have of this 1967 album.  I would bore you beyond death 
were I to list ten or more of those memories.

Therefore, I will begin and end with the first ones:
was a gift from my mother.

What had her teenage son done to deserve it?

She caught him smoking pot but her comment 
in response to that capture rings in his head 
whenever he listens to this extraordinary  box set:

It was only pot, Thank God it wasn't grass.

He–her son (who is actually me)–last listened 
to this Donovan album three hours ago.

That is why this page exists!
That is why–this day–I will 
________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment