It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, August 31, 2019

Rudy And Henry: Octogenarians On A Park Bench

________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Rudy, what have you got?"

"I've got nothing, Henry."

"Me, I got my health."

"Where'd you get it?"

"I got it in a Ziploc bag."

"You got it with you?"

"Hell no, I gotta keep it
in the refrigerator."

"Why do you keep it there?"

"Because that is the law."

"I never heard of such a law."

"Of course, you haven't:
I created that law!"

"But you aren't a lawyer."

"Neither am I a doctor but
I create my own laws to live by
and I decide what meds I need
to keep healthy."

"What meds do you take?"

"Absolutely none except for
an occasional aspirin and
a lot of Vicks Vap-o-Rub."

"Most people take their health
with them, wherever they go.
They don't leave their health
in the refrigerator or anywhere else."

"I refuse to take my health with me!
 
 "Tell me why, Henry."

"If I had my health with me,
I'd always think about it.
Then I'd always find something
wrong with it and spend half my time
with doctors and the other half,
being doped up."

"Henry, can you spare me
one of those Ziploc bags?"

"Sure thing, Rudy.
What color zipper do you want?"

"Brown, to match my eyes."

"Me, I change colors every week?"

"Why?"

"Just to hear my grandchildren say 
Pop-Pop's got a brand new bag."

TO BE CONTINUED
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Footnote
RUDY AND HENRY:
OCTOGENARIANS ON A PARK BENCH
is the copyrighted property of LCSoL
________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment