It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, July 3, 2021

© Autobiography Of No One In Particular © ... 3 More Chapters

 _______________________________________________________________________________________________


Chapter Eleven

I am who I am
sometimes
I am not
 
Sometimes cold
other times
hot

I can be me
I can be nobody
that is
the meaning
of liberty
 
Seventy-two times
the calendar
has spun
 
Memory is
a wheel of fortune
 
But
don't call me
Vanna White 
***

Chapter Twelve
 
I spin the wheel
and land on 1954
 
It is the Grandmother
of Hurricane Katrina:
 
Warnings for
were sounded when
we were two blocks
from the beach
in Rocky Point
 
I was a boy 
in a blanket
in the backseat
of my parents' car
zipping back east
to Whitestone on
 the Northern State Parkway
 
A human burrito
with a nickel's worth
of life
feeling warm to the womb
and loving 
every second of it
 
The Rocky Point house
was crushed
by an oak tree
but we were just
"renters"
 
Whitestone,
equally close
to the Long Island Sound
(a/k/a East River)
suffered no damage
and I can still taste
the waffles she made
on Hurricane Carol Sunday 
***

 
Chapter Thirteen
 
When you can still feel
warm to the womb
but in fact
are much closer
to the tomb,
you've got
equilibrium
***

The next chapters
are here
________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment