It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

© Autobiography Of No One In Particular © ... 2 More Chapters

 _______________________________________________________________________________________________


Chapter 14

I love American history
but it is much older
than I am
 
I enjoy
reading about it
despite not having been there
for most of it
 
He or she
who writes history
is a writer of mystery
armed with a fistful
of facts
jigsaw-puzzled together
and glued over
with the author's lust
to make
the New York Times
best-seller list
 
The mystery holds water
wetted by
the author's glibness
and gusto for fictional interludes
that are never labelled
as such

But if it is a matter
of my personal history,
a fictional prelude
morphs into melodies
 
I have no idea what that means
but I like the sound
of it
 
Said 
Mr. No One In Particular
***
 
 
Chapter 15  
 
I got to where I am
by not being
anywhere else

And I have yet to meet
a person
for whom
that wasn't true
 
"Approximations of the truth"
is another name
for those fictional interludes
 
No word in the English language
has more synonyms
than the word
HELP
 
Many of those synonyms
are not even words, per se:

Body language speaks louder
than most words

Very very few words
in the English language
have more synonyms
than the word
TRUTH

Approximately

The best friend 
of the Truth
is
THE LIE

Without it,
the Truth would have
no place to hide
  ***


The next chapter
is  here
________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment