It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Chris Lucarini, R.I.P.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Only moments ago
Did I know...

That  Chris Lucarini, age 84, passed away
I will always remember her for a particular day.

The mother of Edward,  Julie  &  Camille,
Was, in Rocky Point terms (and others) the real deal.

Also mother to Peter & Christine, widow of Edward Sr.
I distinctly remember the last time I did see her.

It was a visit to New York, thirty years ago
Enthusiastically, she sat me on her patio.

How fondly she talked of my mother
Whose son–coffee & pastry-sated–talked of other

Things like teaching math in a Los Angeles ghetto
And that particular day in one-nine-seven-two.

I had been hitchhiking but not for want of car:
For want of jobless fun, ended by HER.

She gave me a phone number, as if such were the norm
The next day all I did was fill out the form

And that summer I worked with kids in a camp
As opposed to being a jobless beach bum tramp.
________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment