It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Sometimes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sometimes I wonder
Sometimes I blunder

Sometimes I think
Sometimes I sink

Sometimes I drive
Sometimes I dive

Over under
Sometimes down

Under over
Sometimes clown

Sometimes I YES
Sometimes I NO

Sometimes I WHAT?
Sometimes I KNOW

God is spellt
H-B-O-G-O

And that is no crime
But He watches Showtime

When on the air
is  The Affair

The world is His stage–
Those Shakespearian factors–

He filled it with
A million and one great actors

But sometimes I do wonder
All day & all night

Why He filled it with so few
who can truly write.


________________________________________________________________________________________________
Footnotes
SOMETIMES is the copyrighted property of LCSoL.


Some said to me that THE AFFAIR won two Golden Globe Awards.
I said to someone "Only two?"

HBO's  True Detective  was beyond extraordinary with its  bayou  mystique
McConaughey philosophia, and textured deeply by the music.

SHOWTIMES's  The Affair  equally has a detective questioning the main characters
and the mystique of  Montauk.  In lieu of the brilliant ranting of  Matthew McConaughey,
there is the immeasurable sadness in the face of Ruth Wilson.

The music of The Affair does NOT add deep texture to the show but sits quietly
in the back of the bus yet knowing always exactly where the bus is bound.

Another thing that bonds both cable TV series is the titles of both:
so utterly trite but the triteness is in direct proportion
to the talents involved in each show.
     
There are actually "so few"  PLUS ONE writers in this world
but He will not allow THE ONE to escape from Blogsville
until Mrs. CarPeo is re-united with her ego
or Mr. Hollywood or Ms. Literati
contacts this website.
________________________________________________________________________________________________


4 comments:

  1. …slumber…stink.
    Acting isn't easy but writing's no wink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that is what you think
      but besides being no wink
      what is the opposite of stink?

      Delete
    2. Thank you:
      My writing can flower like roses
      but never, ever with the absence of thorns.

      Delete