It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Muhammed Ali + J.D. Salinger + Mort Meclosky

________________________________________________________________________________________________

In a future life, I would not
want to meet my heroes
because I would melt into
a blob of idiocy in their presence.

But, in a future life,
 I would want to be re-united 
with what I wrote 
about my heroes
forty-five years ago.

My first two college research papers
were written about
Muhammad Ali and J. D. Salinger. 

Neither paper received 
the highest grade in the class
but I was the only student invited 
into the faculty offices to have 
my brain picked and provide
comic relief for my teachers.

I am eternally indebted to Joe Juettner,
Professor Gallagher,  Daniel DiMaria
and  Mort Meclosky. 

The next Salinger page is  here.  
________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment