It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

On Three Consecutive Fridays In ≈1962≈

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I dreamt about

I dreamt about this bridge
on three consecutive Fridays
and at no time in between.

The content of the dreams
is long forgotten
but this is a bridge
two short blocks
from where I grew up.

I crossed the Whitestone Bridge
AT LEAST 1000 times

Thrice, I walked across
the bridge
but not over the water:
it was a short cut to Church.

My thinking was that
If I died en route,
going to or from Church,
I would ride on an express bus
through the Pearly Gates 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment