It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Two 1956 Photographs Explain Why I Am A Baseballaholic

________________________________________________________________________________________________


With bottle in hand, the man in the middle of the 1956 World Series
celebration is my Uncle Tony

With my Uncle Paul,
he co-owned The Shuffle Inn, located on Long Island

 

The co-owner [my namesake]
was either the photographer
or he was safeguarding
the cash register
of their saloon


ALL Oliverios were
baseball fanatics.
 

If not, they were
either castigated
or they were girls


I am eternally indebted
to my Aunt Linda for these images.

Uncle Tony's widow is the only living member
of my parents' siblings or spouses 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment