It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

It's The Story NOT The Quaity Of This Image ...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________


It's the story,

not the quality

of this image

that matters

 

She was the reference librarian

at the Bay Shore branch

of the LBPL

and I was a boy named PAUL

who had just moved to Long Beach

 after living in Virginia

for two years

 

Not only did she buy

the original edition

of this photograph,

she gave me exhibit space

for what I ridiculously believed

were high quality pictures

I had taken of Massapequa, Mississippi, 

and the  Massanutten Mountain

 

I thought the 4M's would be

my good luck charm

 

The year was 2006 when delusion

was my constant companion

 

There was no truth to the rumor

that she lost her job because my exhibit

was a raging failure:

 

With her husband,

she retired and moved to Hawaii

 

That was something 

they had been planning to do

Long Before she met Paul

and I am eternally grateful

to Natalie ______

and all the competent staff  members

of the Long Beach Public Library

who knew her and loved her.

 

Natalie's parting words to me

were I am looking forward

to displaying this photograph

in our Honolulu library 

My husband loves its' irony



Good thing she didn't see

the re-shoot of that image

taken fifteen years after

the original

 

But I am certain that 

Natalie and Harold _____

would appreciate

the half-dozen photographs

taken that same day

and deemed worthy of posting

as the most recent Photoverio images     

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
 

No comments:

Post a Comment