It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, February 21, 2022

He Quotes Me Then He Quotes A Crazy Lady

________________________________________________________________________________________________

If forgetting were an art,
I'd be Van Gogh
Then forget where
my ear is
and cut off my toe
+++
 
A crazy lady
 outside my house 
woke up everybody
with a rant about
Fo'get those peoples
 
Because of your quatrain,
I had to listen
very closely
to the rest of it
:::
 
Them young peoples
who call the'selves
INFLUENCERS
are sick
INFLUENZAS
 
The ornery curse
of the universe
 
:::
 
© FRANCES STEERLING © 
 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. I could not help but notice that the last five lines
    spoken by "A Crazy Lady" employ perfect English,
    in a manner of speaking.

    Maybe you should let Mr. Steerling edit
    ALL of Mr. Oliverio's pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an extremely rare occurrence
      that Frances allowed your comment
      to be posted

      I think he allowed it only because
      of your flattering suggestion

      I only hope he doesn't
      create a coup d'etat

      Delete
  2. Regardless of who is responsible for these pages,
    this blog is one of my favorites
    because it does not cater to
    the lowest common denominators
    and is truly diverse, in every
    sense of the word,
    But the rant of the angry lady
    featured above sounds like ebonics
    which some people might find very offensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for complimenting my blog.

      In the notes for this page,
      Frances Steerling wrote that the Angry Lady
      was "very blonde,very white and very leggy."

      She probably has offspring who call themselves
      INFLUENCERS but won't allow their mother
      anywhere near their homes
      or bank accounts

      Delete