It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, February 4, 2023

If Smoking Cigarets Is A Measure Of Stupidity...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Then my SQ
(Stupidity Quotient)
is off the charts,
numerically on par with
Einstein's IQ


The stroke of midnight
is of grave importance
to the CarPeos
and a gazillion others
addicted to
the NYTimes Spelling Bee
and Wordle

Today's Wordle
was done in four words
and then...
this chainsmoker's lungs
rebelled voluminously

I can only describe it
as my lungs 
Drama-Queening
and having death throes
worthy of
an Academy Award 
performance

Mrs. CarPeo's aid and concern
was appreciated
but thoriughly ignored
 
The Drama Queen  had the stage 
for three minutes
and the next thing I know
...Boom...
I wake up and.It is 4AM
 
The DQ dragged me down
into a deep, dark,
and most comforting sleep
 
Now, all is well
and I am drinking black tea 
 and all respiratory problems  
 have gone out the window
 
PS
our Spelling Bee
was "Genius"
by 5:30AM  
________________________________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. This is Dr. Raft and this joked-up page about my patient
    being at Death's door would not exist without my permission
    and explanation.

    I have been Paul's psychoanalyst for ten years.
    We have been friends for sixty years in the middle of which,
    I was a 2-pack-a-day Marlboro man but witnessing
    Paul's hyper-coughing spasms convinced me to quit.

    Then he discovered "inversion therapy" and his coughing spasms
    disappeared but he wouldn't quit cigarets:
    He referred to them as "anger-management medicine"
    and "stress remover."

    Now, he claims his biggest addiction—reading books—
    is aided by his smoking...ditto for his blogging.
    He refers to the former as his heroin
    and the latter as his cocaine.

    Who am I to argue but please do not
    ask that question because any page
    containing my comment
    can have no others.

    Sorry

    ReplyDelete