It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, July 23, 2026

Quoting ... H. L. MENCKEN

________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
Imagine 
the Creator
as a low comedian
and
at once the world 
becomes
explicable
*
 
Nature abhors a moron
*
 
The greatest artists
of the world
are never Puritans
and seldom respectable.
No virtuous man
has ever painted
a picture
worth looking at,
or 
written a symphony
worth listening to
or
a book worth reading
*
 
Love is the triumph
of imagination
over 
intelligence
_______________________
______________
 
________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

1 comment:

  1. I've had these quotes in my files
    for at least thirty years BUT...
    I rediscovered the binder
    only yesterday

    More quotes from the eminently quotable
    may be forthcoming


    -Oliverio

    ReplyDelete