It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, March 16, 2015

All About Me

________________________________________________________________________________________________

They are making a movie
and it is all about me
but it is starring Bette Davis
who is older than 103.

It will have all my ups
and all my downs

Every sacred moment when I
was at one with the clowns

Murder he did
but was only a kid

Talent he wrought
and filed to naught

Girls he remembers
but only loved numbers

Featuring Nick Nolte
as my mother

And Meryl Streep
as my brother

Two years in jail
on a single Utah night*

Conversing with every
jailer in sight**

Lots of success
morphed to blight

Someday maybe
they will get it right.

Like Nina's bio pic
it is not for me to see

Improving my chance
to end happily 

I cannot afford the tragic
but I love the mathemagic

It is not for me to see
when all I want is to be

Is there anyone who cared
or  added to  b   squared...


________________________________________________________________________________________________
Footnotes
ALL ABOUT ME is the copyrighted property of LCSoL.

*
That night in August of 1968 took place in Logan City, Cache County
and, along with two friends we were overnight "guests" in a jail cell
because one of the friends had crashed my car.

**
If Officer O'brien, the "arresting" officer reads this, please accept
eternal gratitude from  Oliverio, Gretschel, & O'Grady.

The last name mentioned was the errant driver but Kevin
also inspired the  O'GRADY NUMBERS.

If ever another drop of alcohol touched my lips,
I would be delighted if it happened under the
Roosevelt Avenue El, three doorswest
of Junction Boulevard.

That was where there was a funhouse
known as  O'Grady's Erie Bar.  
________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment