It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Because Of THIS ... I Must Post THAT ...Linklessly

________________________________________________________________________________________________

THIS is:

THAT is:

THAT is
the staircase to
Friendship Beach
in Rocky Point, New York

THIS is
how the beach looks Today

and how it looked in 1959
when my family bought
a house with
a breakfast table view
of water-skiers

The writer of THIS and THAT
would sometimes sleep
just above the tide line
of Friendship Beach
without informing his parents
that he was doing so

Nor did I give them
any information
as to what I was doing
that night

For this reason,
I decided NEVER
to become a parent

Because if I had
and the offspring acted
in any way
like his/her father,
the latter would have
commit murder

But I ultimately had more than
fifteen hundred children
whose names changed
every September
and never once
have I commit
murder


The staircase is the eighth
incarnation of access to
Friendship Beach

The original incarnation
—in 1959—
was where I first saw graffiti

It was three words
scrawled onto the side
of the Friendship beach ramp:
 FRANKIE LOVES COOKIE
***

I would like to thank
Nick Lomangino
for sending me
the staircase image

My friend of sixty years
is still alive and well
in Rocky Point

Not only does he 
remember that graffiti,
but he remembers
exactly who
FRANKIE and COOKIE
were and Nick gave me
first-hand stories
about both of them

The other photo is mine
 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment