It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Three Of A Kind ... Dedicated To Ray Bradbury + Jackie Smith

________________________________________________________________________________________________


© Oliverio (3x)
Unfortunately,
Mr. Bradbury's pleas 
failed to save
the bookstore

BUT
Jackie Smith,
the founder's widow
and owner of
ACRES OF BOOKS
glowed with delight
when the dubious
(and since disintegrated)
Long Beach Redevelopment
checkbook
gave her $2.8 million
to close the bookstore
in 2008

Acres of Books
had been  my
home-away-from-home
for two years


I was honored by Jackie
when she authorized me
to be the last photographer
to shoot the empty shelves
(in 2010)

Somewhere,
amidst 5300 pages of
the GodFather of Math
Trilogy,
you can find more
of what I photographed
that day in 2010
(I swear)
 
The building did not get
bulldozed until
Pearl Harbor Day 
December 7, 2019 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment