It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, July 19, 2020

A Frances Steerling Poem About Gratitude For Covid-19

________________________________________________________________________________________________

once i was bold
now i am just old
and so I am told
to not go outdoors
 
i am to stay inside
not commit "covicide"
by going outside
but what about my chores?

my food is on deliver
i am my own caregiver
 if i shake or shiver
i call it a new dance

outside: youth has no strife
old men bemoan the dead wife
others in crisis of mid-life
with them, i'll take no chance

never w/o computer or book
and i know how to cook
at myself i sometimes look
and i like what i see

i talk and joke to myself
—always words on the shelf—
(and my cute patio elf)
i just let me be

i can exercise in place
powder my face
enjoy every inch of space
be well-enough alive
 
 i sometimes sip from a flask
thru a hole in a fake mask
what more can i ask
for a man of seventy-five?

as for enforced solitude
let me tell you, dude
i have some gratitude
for this existing scene
 
i sleep and rise as i desire
go wireless or read w/o wire
avoid all the outside mire
thanks to Covid-19
***

FRANCES STEERLING

________________________________________________________________________________________________
 Footnotes
A FRANCES STEERLING POEM
ABOUT GRATITUDE FOR COVID-19
is the copyrighted property
of LCSoL

The next
GoFather/Steerling page
is  here
________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment